Summer FUN.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Grandpa Ed, a runner.

Grandpa Ed was a runner. An exceptional runner. He not only inspired kids in his physical education  classes, he inspired his own family. 

With the approach of grandpa Ed's birthday, it made me think about his influence and the trickle-down effect in my own family.


Three-year-old Lily went for her first official run with me last night. To most people this would seem like a silly thing to celebrate. For those of you who really know me, however, you know that this meant a lot. I couldn't be more proud and more excited of the hopeful runs ahead of us!!

Grandpa Ed (and grandma Betty) cheered me on in many races. His passion for running and enthusiasm for sport showed itself in a small way last night in Lily. Love that!! To the trickle-down effects and passion for running and sport, and to grandpa Ed, a runner!

One of many runs that he cheered for. Heather in Grandma'sMarathon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment